"Japanaroo" is a new initiative to celebrate multiculturalism and promote exchanges with Japan in Australia and is coordinated by "Japanaroo Platform", an innovative public-private partnarship (see About Japanaroo).
- "Japanaroo 2021" will be held
from 20 to 29 August 2021.
- Event dates extended (21 July 2021)
- Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions in Greater Sydney, the "Japanaroo 2021" event period has been extended and will now run from Friday 20 August to Saturday 2 October.
- Call for expressions of interest to participate in Japanaroo 2021
- Documents (English version, Japanese version)
- Japanaroo 2021 Event Form
- Submission period was from 6 May to 31 May 2021. Even after the deadline for submission of application forms, groups that strongly wish to participate in "Japanaroo 2021" may be admitted to participate if their preparations can be made promptly. Such groups are requested to consult with Japanaroo Platform (email@example.com).
- Japanaroo 2021 logo and tagline announced (4 June 2021)
- The logo and tagline for "Japanaroo 2021" were announced on 4 June 2021. The logo is a collaboration by two famous artists active in Australia, one Japanese and one Australian. The tagline “Japan at your doorstep” is intended to encourage as many people as possible to feel that Japan is close by and there for them to enjoy.
- Japanaroo 2021 website launched (1 July 2021)
- The website for "Japanaroo2021" was launched on 1 July 2021.
- Social media channels launched (5 July 2021)
- Consul-General of Japan in Sydney's Newsletter : No.38 Preparing for "Japanaroo 2021" (English/Japanese)