Visa Application By Post
Applicants who live in distant locations may apply for visas by post.
1. Check if you need a visa
Exemption of Visa (Short-Term Stay)
Nationals of some countries and regions are not required to obtain visas to enter Japan for short term stay for tourism, commerce, conferences, visiting relatives/ acquaintances, etc up to 90 days.
The list below is just some examples of visa exempted countries/regions (as of December 2019, 68 countries and regions in total).
Table - Some examples of visa exempted countiers & regions
Please ensure to check the details of the visa exemptions in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website below.
2. Check if you can apply in Sydney
Only Applications from the residents in NSW, NT and New Caledonia are accepted.
Who Can Apply? Who CANNOT?
Long Term Residents in NSW, NT, and New Caledonia
* Permanent resident visa holders
* Student visa holders
* Business visa holders
* Graduate visa holders
Visitors and Residents in other states (QLD, VIC, TAS, SA & WA) in Australia
* Australian temporary visitor visa holders
* Holders of an Australian visitor visa who changed their visa from a student Visa
* Residents in the other states in Australia except Northern Territory
3. Check your visa type and the required documents
Please click the link below depending on your purpose for the visa type and the required documents for a visa application.
4. Send all the documents by post Please send us all the visa required documents including your passport as well as the following. * Visa required documents depending on the visa type * "QUESTIONNAIRES" of "IMPORTANT NOTICE ON NEW RESTRICTIONS RELATED TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS" * Self-addressed Express or Registered post envelop to return your passport Applicants must post all the documents by themselves. The agents are NOT allowed to do that on behalf.
4. Send all the documents by post
Please send us all the visa required documents including your passport as well as the following.
* Visa required documents depending on the visa type
* "QUESTIONNAIRES" of "IMPORTANT NOTICE ON NEW RESTRICTIONS RELATED TO NOVEL CORONAVIRUS"
* Self-addressed Express or Registered post envelop to return your passport
Applicants must post all the documents by themselves. The agents are NOT allowed to do that on behalf.
Please do NOT enclose the visa fee yet as it CANNOT be paind in advance.
5. Call us to confirm if your mail is delivered.
Please check the Australian Post website with the tracking number if your item is delivered first and
call us to confirm if we actually have it. Incomplete require documents will not be processed.
7. Wait for our notification
We call you if we need more information for further assessment.
We also call you when the assessment is completed and ask for the payment.
8. Pay visa fee
When we call you for the completion of the visa assessment, we ask you to pay for the visa fee.
Some countries are waived for visa fees. If you are not required the visa fee, we just send you back your passport when the assessment is done.
* Visa fee exemption (no charge) : Australian, New Zealander, Korean, Malaysian, Bangladeshi, Colombian and Pakistani passport holders.
Current Visa Fees
When the payment is completed, we return your passport with your self-addressed express/registered post envelop (We return only your passport and keep other documents.).
*Attention to the applicants from New Caledonia
Please organise a courier to pick up your passport from our office to return your passport after the payment. Please make sure to prepare for the waybill by yourself and let us know when the courier comes to our office beforehand.
*Applicants must take full responsibilities for loss, damage, misplacement or delay of the passport by post or a third party.