All visa applicants must book their appointments online in advance to schedule a suitable date and time to visit the Consulate to apply for a visa.
You are about to make an appointment.
1. Tick the check box and click "PROCEED TO BOOKING" button
2. Fill out the online form and submit
3. Get the booking reference number from the booking confirmation prompt message or email
When the appointment is successfully booked, the confirmation message is shown on the screen promptly and confirmation email is sent. There is "Booking Reference Number" (eg SYD03333333333333) there. Please keep and bring it when you come to our office as the number is required to input to check in.
Cancellation or Change the date/time of the confirmed booking
If you would like to change the date/time or cancell the confirmed booking,
please cancel the existing booking by clicking “clicking here” link in the booking confirmation
email first, then the system will allow you to make a new booking.
If you cannot find the confirmation email, please contact us on 02-9250-1000 (press2).
4. Come and lodge the application on the appointed day and time
Before coming to the Consulate, please ensure to check the following.
* Double check the required documents
* Make sure that the required documents such as saving transaction records are up-dated when you submit them
* Print all the required documents and be ready to submit
* Do NOT staple any document together. Please use paper clips instead of a stapler.
* Bring the booking confirmation email of the online booking. There is a reference code in the email to input in the check-in kiosk machine when you enter our office.
Technical support contact (for the third-party online booking site)
If you cannot access to the booking website for a technical issue, please contact the technical support by email.
Examples of the technical error messages: "Not found", "This page cannot be displayed.", or "Security certificate has expired"
Consulate-General of Japan - Visa Section
- Phone: 02-9250-1000 (press 2) (Phone only - NO inquiries can be made by email.)
- Location Address: Level 12, 1 O’Connell Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- Postal Address: G.P.O Box 4125, Sydney NSW 2001
“Japan Visa Information Hotline” (A New Visa Telephone Assistance 24/7): 1800 171 443 (English only)